With EMDESK, you can track and report expenses that have occurred occurred by participants on work items. You can find the expense tracking in the "Expenses" tab in the "Resources" section. All records are organised in the table view with the options to filter, search, or export expenses records.
Follow the instructions below on how to report expenses.
Click Resources in Home menu, this will open the "Resources" section.
Click the "Expenses" tab and then click + Report Expense at the bottom.
This will open the new expense sidebar, where you can report the expense:
- Cost: Enter the amount of spent money
- Date: Set the date or a period of time (cost are distributed evenly along the period) when the costs were spent
- Activity: Select the activity for which the costs were spent
- Participant: Select the participant where the costs were incurred
- Cost Category: Select a cost category of the type "Fix"
Note: Cost categories can be customised and configured in the Customization settings. There are 2 types of cost categories: fix amounts ( Fix) and rate-based amounts ( Rate) costs. Rate-based are e.g. personnel costs and depend on the quantity and rate, whereas the fixed amounts costs are fix costs for good or services. Note: If you would like to report personnel costs, then read "Track time and personnel costs".
- Indirect Cost Rate: Once both – cost category and participant are selected, the indirect cost rate is auto-selected.
- Description (optional): Enter a short description regarding the costs
- Not eligible: Switch on the toggle, when the costs are not eligible for funding
- No overheads: Switch on the toggle, when the indirect cost rate shall not be applied
- Tags (optional): Classify and label the costs with tags (see "Using tags")
Tip: If you have already created reporting periods, you can choose one of the reporting periods. Click Set period instead date, then Select reporting period instead, and choose the relevant reporting period:
Note: To edit the indirect cost rate, you must have at least Edit access right to the participant you are reporting about and adjust the cost rate in its Financial Profile (see "Roles, access levels, and access rights").
Once you have completed filing out all the information, click Save Expense.
Note: Activity, participant, and cost category must be defined for each expense, otherwise the expense is considered as unassigned. Unassigned entries are listed in a separated table in the end of the "Expenses" tab and are not accounted in the expenses.