Account verification issues
If you have not successfully validated your email address during the sign up, you will be forwarded to the "Email validation pending" box after you log in.
While creating an account, you receive an account verification email with a code to copy onto the verification page so that we can validate you as the owner of the email address. As long as you haven't done this yet, your account is not validated and we will ask you to validate your account when log in until your account is validated.
To validate your account, please follow the instructions below.
Check your email inbox for the account validation email (received during sign up) and click the link OR go to https://app.emdesk.com/ and login with the login data provided during sign up.
- No email? Make sure you check the inbox of the email address you have provided during sign up, and try searching for "emdesk".
- If you receive a notification toast "Activation Code or Link expired or already used" when clicking link, then your activation link has expired (valid for 24 hours only) and you must login with the login data provided during sign up and click the "Resend" button to receive a new code/link.
The Email validation pending’ box will display.
- Check your email for the six-digit code (activation link and code are valid 24 hours, then you need to login and use the "Resend" button).
- Click the activation link OR copy and paste code into the code field in the "Email Validation pending" box.
- Select Activate to activate your account.
- No email? Make sure you check the inbox of the email address you have provided or click again the "Resend" button. Or read "Issues receiving emails from EMDESK".
- Accidentally closed this window? We will redirect you to the ‘Email validation pending’ box every time you log in until your account is validated.
- After requesting a new verification email, prior codes will no longer work. Bear in mind that all verification links or codes expire after 24 hours.
- Follow the steps described in the "Create an account" article, from step 4.