Create an account
If you want to manage and start your own projects or you have been invited to take part in a project that already exists, then you will first need to create a user account with EMDESK. You will need a valid email with access and a secure password ready to enter.
If you are a new user, wanting to create an account and a new project, launch https://app.emdesk.com/ and click Sign up now below the Login box:
Do you want to join an existing project?
If you are invited to join a project, select the link in your project invitation email (No mail invite? Contact Admin or Manager).
- If you do have an account you will see the 'Login' box and DO NOT need to follow the steps below. You will just need to enter your login data - if you have any issues with this please read "Login issues".
- If you do not have an account yet, you will see the 'Create a new Account' box and will need to follow the steps below.
The "Create a new Account" box will display:
- Enter your email address - the username will always be your primary email address.
- Choose a password - minimum 6 characters, must contain numbers, small and uppercase letters and can't be the same as the email address.
- Tick the first checkbox to agree to the Terms of Service.
- Tick the second checkbox if you wish to receive emailed news about EMDESK (opt out any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails).
- Click Sign up button.
The "Email validation pending" box will display.
- Check your email for the six-digit code (activation link and code are valid 24 hours, then you need to login and use the Resend button).
- Click the activation link OR copy and paste code into the code field in the "Email Validation pending" box.
- Click Activate to activate your account.
- No email? Make sure you check the inbox of the email address you have provided or click the 'Resend' button. Or read "Issues receiving emails from EMDESK".
- Accidentally closed this window? We will redirect you to the ‘Email validation pending’ box every time you log in until your account is validated.
- If you try to create an account with an email address already registered, we will send a password reset email instead. Read "Login issues" for further assistance.
The "Welcome to EMDESK!" box will display:
- Click on the camera icon to browse to a profile picture for you (can be added later).
- Complete the name, organization and job title fields.
- Click Continue.
The "Create new project" box will display. Please continue to the "Create new project" article.
If you are joining a project, you will now be taken directly into the project. Any other invites send to your email address will then be automatically recognized and your account linked to the relevant project(s).