Importing into EMDESK
To ease the setting up of a project workspace, as well as entering data into your workspaces, you can import your data directly from a file into EMDESK.
The import feature is available for the "Workplan" section to import project activities and events (e.g. deliverables, milestones), for the "Participants" section to import project participants, and for the "Resources" sections to import budget items and expenses records.
All files imported into EMDESK must fulfil the following requirements:
- be an XLSX file
- be smaller than 2MB
- have only one sheet
- be a raw list of records to be imported without formatting, calculations, formulas, etc
- include a header row in which each column header corresponds to a property in an EMDESK workspace, some of the column headers are required, others are optional (read more about column headers for every type of import in the respective help articles listed below)
- if foreign language characters are included, be UTF-8 encoded
- if you're importing date-time properties, contain cells in the number format
To download a sample excel file, go to the respective section according to the import type, click the "+ Import" button at the bottom of the section, and then click the "Sample spreadsheet" button:
- The order of the rows in the imported file will also be the order of import processing.
- Any hidden rows in the excel file will be recognised for the import and if those rows are not supposed to be imported they must be taken out.
Follow the links below to get step by step instructions on how to import your data according to the import type: