Plan and Create Budget items
Note: To create budget, you must have manage access rights to the Resources section and at least read access rights to those activities and participants, you want to assign budget for (see 'Roles, access levels, and access rights'). In addition, the current plan version must be in Edit mode (read here).
If you would like to create rate-based personnel budget, then see our Plan and Create Personnel Budget article.
To create a budget entry, you need to follow these steps:
First go to the Resources section and click on the Budget tab, then click the +Add Budget.
Once you have selected +Add Budget - a sidebar to create a new budget entry will appear.
- Cost (€): Enter the amount of planned costs
- Activity: Select the activity for which you plan the budget
- Participant: Select the participant where the costs will be incurred
- Cost Category: Select a cost category of the typ Fix
Note: Cost categories can be customised and configured under Settings > Customization. There are 2 types of cost categories: fix amounts ( Fix) and rate-based amounts ( Rate) costs. Rate-based are e.g. personnel costs and depend on the quantity and rate, whereas the fixed amounts costs are fix costs for good or services.
- Indirect Cost Rate: Once both, cost category and participant are selected, the indirect cost rate is auto-selected. Indirect Cost Rate depends on the selected cost category and participant (managed in the Financial Profile of the participant).
- Description: Enter a short description regarding the budget
- Set Period (optional): Define a fixed time range within the activity duration in which the budget is planned; by default the budget is assumed to be spent evenly over the activity duration (optional)
Tip: The Set Period is optional. However, if you would like to specify a particular period within the activity duration, then activate Set Period and define the start and end month.
- Tags (optional): Classify and label the budget with tags (see Using Tags)
Once you have completed filing out all your information, click Save Resource.
Note: Activity, participant and cost category must be defined for each budget item, otherwise the budget item is considered as unassigned. Unassigned entries are listed in a separated table at Resources > Budget and are not accounted in the budget.