Reporting progress of activities, milestones and deliverables
The current timing and progress of activities, milestones and deliverables is displayed as a completion bar (with % and status) at various places, wherever an activities, milestones and deliverables is shown.
The progress of activities, milestones and deliverables is reported as regular "Status Updates" entries along the duration towards completion of an activity or achievement of milestone / deliverable. Status updates are created in the activity's, milestone's and deliverable's sidebar, in the tab "Updates".
Follow the instructions below on how to report a status update on activities, milestones and deliverables:
Open the activity, milestone or deliverable into the sidebar. One way to do this is to go to the Workplan section and click an item. Then select the Updates tab and click +Add Update.
Tip: You can also report an update by clicking "Add Update" in the action menu at the activity, milestone and deliverable, or by moving a card in the Kanban view.
The new "Update" sidebar will appear where you can provide the details about the current progress / status of the activity, milestone and deliverable.
- Completion (%): Enter the completion in % (can also set with the slider)
- Reporting Date: Set the reporting date (usually the today or the day the state was reached)
If you see the message Reporting deactivated until 01.04.21, then reporting of status updates for before this date has been disabled)
- Status: Set the status (these status option here are provided by the project template selected during the project creation. Users with Admin or Manager right level can customize them in the Customization section under Settings)
- Priority: Set the current priority ("Normal" priority by default)
- Description: Enter a short update description
- Actual Start: Set the actual or forecast start date of the activity (only available for activities)
- Actual Duration: Set the actual or forecast duration (only available for activities)
- Due Date: Set the actual or forecast due date of the milestones or deliverable (only available for milestones or deliverable)
Click Save Update to post the new status update. The new status update is shown in the "Update" tab as the latest (newest updates at top, descending order).