Working with Kanban
Kanban is a visual system for managing work as it moves through a process. Kanban visualises both the process (the workflow) and the actual work passing through that process. Activities or events as shown as cards and organised in columns in the order of status.
Board with Status Workflow
The board represents the workflow with each step in your process of accomplishing the item, from beginning (left) to end (right). For example, “In Planning”, “Not Started”, “In Progress”, “Completed”, etc. A column is displayed in your board for each status in your workflow.
The scheduled activities or events are represented as cards, and are organised in columns in the order of status on the board. Each column lists all activities and events that are currently in this status - ordered by their hierarchical order in the work plan. Marked as your favourites are listed at the top of the column.
Hovering over an activity or event shows an enlarged card with further details and status information: ID, name, duration, leader, charts on budget/expenses for effort and costs, and completion in percentage with status.
- Click a Card / Edit Icon - allows you to open the activity or event in the sidebar
- Drag and drop handler - allows you to grab the card and drop it into a new status column
- Check box - allows you to mark the card for mass-editing
- Star icon - allows you to mark the card as favourite (see Mark and unmark an element as favourite)
- Option menu - pull up further options
Update a Card's Status
To update an activities or events status, drag and drop the card into the relevant status column.
This will open the activity or event sidebar in the Update tab.
Then confirm the new status by clicking Save Update. To discard the update, close the sidebar with X.