The 'Discussion' tab is located at the top of the element sidebar. It allows users to read and post comments on an element. Comments appear in chronological order with the newest at the bottom. In addition, all comments across the work space are shown in chronological order in the 'Discussion' widget on the dashboard.
The discussion option is available for the following element types:
View and manage element discussion
- Edit comment: Click 'Edit' at the comment, update the comment and click Save.
- Delete comment: To delete the comment click the X icon.
Comment on an element
- Open the sidebar for the element and click on the tab 'Discussion'.
- Click inside the comment area at bottom and enter the comment.
- Use @mention while commenting: Type an '@' or click the@ Mention button while writing a comment. Then select the user, group or element to refer to: @Larry Davis, @Steering Group, @WP1, @D1.1.
- Attach document(s) to your comment: Click the Attach Documents button while commenting. This will open the 'Documents' section in a modal window. Hover over the document and click Select. The selected documents are listed. Click the X icon to remove an attachment.
Note: When someone posts a comment on an element, a notification is pushed to all followers and any non-follower that has been @mentioned.
- Then click the Comment button to submit.
Tip: Made a mistake? You can re-edit or deleted your recent comments. Click 'Edit' at the comment, update the comment and click Save. To delete the comment click the X icon. Options not available? Then the rework time expired. Contact an Admin or Manager level users.