The 'Discussion' tab is located at the top of an element sidebar. It allows users to read and post comments on items. Comments appear in chronological order with the newest at the bottom. In addition, all comments are shown in chronological order in the 'Discussion' widget on the dashboard.
The discussion option is available for the following items:
- EMDocs per section
View and manage discussion
Open an item in the sidebar (click it once or click the pencil icon in the action mention). Then select the tab 'Discussion':
While viewing an EMDoc, you will see 'Comment' icons on the right of sections with comments. Click the icon to open the 'Discussion' tab in the section's sidebar.
After sending your message, you have the option to edit or delete the message for a short time.
- Edit comment: Click 'Edit' at the message, update it, and click Save.
- Delete comment: To delete the comment click X.
Comment on a work items or sections in an EMDoc
- Open the work item or EMDocs section in the sidebar and select the 'Discussion' tab.
Click in the comment area and enter the comment.
- Tag/refer to work items with @mention: Type the @ symbol or click the @Mention button while writing a comment. Then select the user, group or other item to refer to e.g. @Larry Davis, @Steering Group, @WP1, @D1.1. Note: Mentioned users or groups will be notified by email.
- Attach document(s) to your comment: Click the Attach Documents button while commenting. This will open the 'Documents' section in a modal window. Hover over the document and click Select. The selected documents are listed. Click the X icon to remove an attachment.
Note: When someone posts a comment for an item, a notification is pushed to all followers and any non-follower that has been @mentioned.
- Then click the Comment button to submit.
Tip: Made a mistake? You can re-edit or deleted your recent comments. Click 'Edit' at the comment, update the comment and click Save. To delete the comment click X. Options not available? Then the rework time expired. Contact an Admin or Manager level users.