Conversations / Messaging
The "Conversations" tab is located at the top of an item's sidebar. It allows users to make and read comments on project items. Comments appear in a chronological order with the newest at the bottom. In addition, all comments are shown in a chronological order in the "Dashboard" section in the "Cockpit" tab.
Commenting is available for the following types of workspace items:
- Budget entries
- Expenses records
- EMDocs per section
Follow the instructions below on how to make a comment on a project item / EMDocs section.
Click on a workspace item that you would like to discuss or click on its "Edit" icon, this will open a sidebar for the item.
To make a comment in an EMDoc, first go the "Documents" section and double click the relevant EMDoc file or click on its "Open" icon to open the file.
In the sidebar, go to the "Conversations" tab.
In an EMDoc, click the "Comment" icon on the right side of the document, this will open the EMDocs section in a sidebar in the "Conversations" tab.
Click in the comment area and enter the comment:
- Tag/refer to other project items with @mention: Click the "@" icon or simply type in the "@" symbol and write the name of the user, group or any project item to refer to it, e.g. @Larry Davis, @Steering Group, @WP1, @D1.1.
Note: Mentioned users and groups will be notified per email about the comment. Tip: Since users can @mention work items in comments, you can afterwards click these tagged items (marked as blue links) to open them:
- Attach document(s) to your comment: Click the "Document" icon, this will open the "Documents" section in a modal window. Hover over the document and click Select. The selected documents will be listed in the draft of your comment. Click X to remove an attachment.
- Start or schedule a meeting: Click the "Camera icon", this will open the "Start Meeting" panel with attendees already pre-selected (active users in the discussion). Type in a topic of the meeting, update attendees when needed, click Start now to start the meeting now or switch on the "Schedule" toggle to set the date and time for the meeting in the future. To learn about other ways of starting / scheduling a meeting, please read here.
Then click Comment to submit.
After creating a comment, for a short time you can revise and delete it.
- To edit the comment, click Edit at the comment, update it, and click Save.
- To delete the comment, click X at the comment.