Invite and add new users
Note: To invite or manage users you have to be an Admin or a Manager level user (see 'Roles, access levels and access rights').
Users are the actual people behind the project participants that work on the project. Users can work on behalf of selected or all participants and have access according to their defined permissions.
People can only get access to a project by:
- being invited by email or
- by requesting access on project-specific URL that is approved by an Admin or Manager of the project.
You can invite to a project any person with an email address, regardless of them already owning an EMDESK account or not (if they do not have an EMDESK account, they will be asked to sign up).
Adding and managing users is done separately for each of your projects.
Click Users in Home menu, this will open 'Users' section.
Click the + Invite New User button at the bottom left.
The Invite new team members box will appear:
- Type every email address of the person you want to invite to join the project (separate email addresses using a comma, semicolon, or space).
Tip: Many email addresses? You can copy and paste email addresses into the area. Just make sure they are separated using a comma, semicolon, or space.
- Enter a personal message to your invitees (explaining why they are receiving this email with the invitation link).
- Click Invite.
Note: The email invite with the link and personal message will be sent to each of the provided email addresses, the invitees are supposed to join a project via this email invitation.
Each invited user with its email address is now listed in the Users tab in the 'Users' section as pending until the invite is accepted by the user (see 'Join a project via email invitation'):
- Anyone who has requested project access will appear here too.
- To see whether it is invitation or approval that is pending, hover over the i icon at the email address.
Note: The link in the mail invite is valid for 7 days. After this time, or if the user has misplaced the original email, you can resend an invite.
Now review and manage access rights of the invited user(s).
Note: All added users are defaulted to regulars users at first with 'Manage All' rights for all sections: Activities, Participants, Documents, and Resources (read ' Roles, access levels and access rights'). Tip: You can already manage users' access role and rights whilst they are in pending status.