Attach documents to an element
The tab 'Documents' is located at the top of a element sidebar and allows users access attached documents and attach new ones to an element. Attached documents appear in chronological order, the latest ones at the bottom.
The option to attach documents is available for following element types:
Follow the instructions below on how to attach a document to an element in a sidebar.
Open a sidebar by clicking on an element or by using the 'Edit' icon in the end of an element row.
Click the 'Documents' icon at the top of the sidebar.
Click +Attach Documents at the bottom of the sidebar, this will open 'Documents' section in a modal window.
- In this modal window you will see all documents and folders you have in the project.
- If a document you want to attach is not in 'Documents' section, then upload it there by clicking +Document or by dragging it into the modal window.
- To organize your documents, create folders by clicking +Folder and upload documents into these folders in the same way as described above.
Hover over the document you want to attach to the element and click Select.
Tip: You can also attach several documents by ticking the checkboxes at each document and then clicking Select at the top right corner.
This will close 'Documents' section modal window and bring you back to the sidebar, the documents are attached to the element.
- To preview a picture or download any other kind of documents attached to the element, hover over this picture or document and click the 'Preview'/'Download' icon.
- To delete a document attached to the element, hover over this document and click X.