Adding guest users
- To add guest users, you have to be the Admin or Manager level user (see "Roles, access levels and access rights").
- Adding and managing guests is done separately for each of your workspaces.
You are able to grant people outside of your day-to-day project team a secure read access to all or specified workspace items – activities, participants, documents, and resources by inviting them as guests to your project workspace. To allow an efficient collaboration, they will be a part of the workspace contact list and be able to enter comments, take part in discussions, join video calls, access and download documents.
You can invite to a workspace as a guest any person with an email address, regardless of them already owning an EMDESK account or not (if they do not have an EMDESK account, they will be asked to sign up).
Follow the instructions below on how to add guest users to your project workspace.
Click Users in Home menu to open the "Users" section.
Go to the "Guests" tab and click + Invite New Guest at the bottom of the section, this will open the "Invite new guest members" box.
Type an email address of the person you want to join the project workspace as a guest (separate email addresses using comma, semicolon, or space) and click Invite.
- The email invite with the link and personal message will be sent to each of the provided email addresses, the invitees are supposed to join a project via this email invitation.
- The link in the mail invite is valid for 7 days. After this time, or if the user has misplaced the original email, you can resend an invite.
Each invited guest user with its email address is now listed in the "Guests" tab as pending until they accept the invitation to join the project. Anyone who has requested project access appears here too. To see whether it is invitation or approval that is pending, hover over the "Information" icon at the email address.
You can already review and manage access rights of the invited guest(s) whilst they are in pending status:
- To restrict access to all items in a section, click the dropdown list at the section and choose Off.
- To restrict access to specific items in "Activities", "Participants", and "Documents" sections (not applicable for "Resources"), click Refine at a section where the item to which the guest should have no access is located, set Off at the respective items, and click Save changes.