Allocating Budget per Partner for the Entire Project
In some cases, you may only have the budget per participant and cost category for the entire project, instead of broken down per activities, like work package or tasks. This help article will guide you through the process of allocating the budget in EMDESK to reflect this structure.
Step 1: Create a new project level activity and move work packages
- Navigate to the Workplan section and create a new activity
- Name the new activity as the project
- Move all the activities, like work packages, underneath the new project level activity by opening each activity in the sidebar and setting the new project level activity as the parent
Note: This new project level will serve as the parent activity for all your work packages and allow you to allocate the budget per partner and cost category for the entire project.
Step 2: Update ID settings to reflect new work breakdown structure
- Navigate to Settings > Customisation and scroll down to ID Settings
- Add a new level (+Add Level), copy and paste the ID conventions one level down
- Add the new ID convention for the new first project level
Step 3: Assign budget records to the new project level activity
- Go to the Budget section in the Resources section
- Move and assign all the records to the new project level activity using the bulk update feature
Note: By assigning the budget records to the project level, you can allocate the budget per partner for the entire project, without dividing it into individual work packages.